VICE PRESIDENT FOR FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary seeks a qualified individual to serve as its next Vice President for Finance and Administration.
The position offers an excellent salary and benefits package in a collegial atmosphere. Louisville Seminary has been serving the Reformed tradition for more than 160 years, and we are committed to continuing that relationship. We are committed to growing as a multicultural and anti-racist place of learning and living and to deepening ecumenical and interreligious learning. The ideal candidate will be a visionary, inclusive, transformative, and decisive leader with the demonstrated ability to be collaborative, innovative, and forward thinking.
- As the chief fiscal officer of the Seminary, works with the President and other senior administrators in all aspects of the Seminary's life.
- Gives effective strategic attention to the Seminary's resource allocation system, consistent with the Seminary's mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
- Supervises and oversees Auxiliary Services for the Seminary to include Facilities, Dining, and Information Technology.
- Serves as the administrative liaison to the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees and participates in formulating broad fiscal and managerial policies and decisions for the Seminary.
- Provides leadership for institution-wide budget development, budget forecasting and controls, long-term forecasting, financial plans, and operating and capital budgets.
- Gives care and attention to the concerns and cultivation of Seminary employees, manages personnel policies, compensation systems, and property/liability risks.
- Meets applicable federal, state, and accreditation financial and compliance reporting requirements.
- Demonstrates marked leadership, management, and supervisory skills, including the ability to lead a cohesive business department.
The Vice President for Finance and Administration is responsible directly to the President and is elected by the Board of Trustees. The Vice President for Finance and Administration is the Chief Financial Officer of the Seminary, and participates in formulating broad fiscal and managerial policies and decisions for the Seminary.
The Vice President for Finance and Administration is a member of the Senior Administration.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline.
- MBA, CPA, or CMA and experience in higher education/non-profit management CPA certification preferred.
- Ten years of progressive management experience in finance, accounting, and operations.
- High level of computer competency and demonstrated ability to shape information systems in the service of business efficiencies and excellent customer service.
- Experience with securing bond-financing and managing institutional indebtedness.
- Demonstrated ability to foster workplace equity and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders both internally and externally.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Rev. Dr. Kilen Gray, Search Committee Chair, c/o Ms. Jessica Bowman at email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, March 2, 2020.
Louisville Seminary is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability.