Administrative Coordinator to the Dean of Community Life
This position serves as the principal administrative support for the office of the Dean of Community Life (DCL).
Dean of Community Life
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the DCL’s calendar; schedules appointments as directed; provides list of appointments and daily tasks.
- Provides logistical support for all activities under the Division of Community Life, including meetings, conferences, workshops, and other events, under the direction of the DCL.
- Serves as principal communication coordinator for the office of the DCL; manages all communications, i.e., phone, email, snail-mail messages as directed.
- Demonstrates unqualified support for the seminary’s mission, goals, and values, including the seminary’s antiracism, justice, and full equitable affirmation of every human being.
- Assists in the implementation of all student engagement & human resources initiatives and processes as directed by the DCL.
- Assists the DCL in the development of efficient and reliable data management, accounting, and filing systems in support of division mission and objectives.
- Assists the DCL in the implementation of the seminary staff professional development strategy.
- Assists the DCL in the implementation of the seminary staff performance evaluation strategy.
- Secures all travel arrangements and travel documentation in support of the Division of Community Life under the direction of the DCL.
- Coordinates, on behalf of the DCL, student and staff health initiatives, i.e., Red Cross blood drives, Wellness Fair, etc.
- Assists the DCL in the implementation of the seminary’s student vocational placement program.
- Assist the DCL in the implementation of the seminary’s international student hospitality strategy.
- Collects and maintains files of required student engagement forms, i.e. student profile, health insurance verifications, and human resources forms/documentation as directed.
- Assists the DCL in managing employment, placement and community resource digital lists.
- Assists the DCL with management of the seminary’s counseling and community resource referral program.
- Assists the DCL in the management of student work study staff.
- Serves as the seminary’s housing coordinator.
- Additional functions as may be assigned by the DCL.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Demonstrated executive assistant experience of 3 years or more
- Demonstrated knowledge of office processes
- Exceptional time management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and Apple-based equivalents
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- The ability to establish and maintain a positive image for the seminary, and create and sustain positive working relationships with internal and external constituencies
- Demonstrated experience in working in a diverse higher education community
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, higher education, or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Populi student management system and Canvas learning management system
- Have a clear commitment to excellence and innovation, and an appreciation for the role of technology in achieving those standards
- A sense of humor, respect for others, and ability to be a team player, as well as developing effective teams
Email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Rev. Dr. Kilen Gray, Dean of Community Life, at email@example.com. Subject line: Administrative Coordinator
(No Phone Calls Please)
This position is available immediately. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Louisville Seminary is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability.