Whether you are single or married, younger or older, the Louisville Seminary community offers family friendly and pet-friendly living on a beautiful, park-like campus in a charming metropolitan area. Our students' spouses, children and pets are welcomed and warmly embraced at Louisville Seminary.
We welcome and seek diversity in the student body, faculty, and administration. Louisville Seminary is committed to nurturing inclusive study, experience, and exploration that seek to learn from the wisdom of minority voices. As a community with a multicultural vision, Louisville Seminary is a center of theological education that values and embraces the diversity of perspectives.
The Community Experience
- 67 acres of lush green space
- Campus Kids program for school-age children
- Campus hospitality is extended to students' pets, and an annual blessing of the animals is held in October
- Collaborative campus governance involving students, faculty, and staff
- The Women's Center, encouraging the ministry of women in church and society through its programs and resources
- Ethics luncheons, seminars, and lecture series
- An outdoor labyrinth for prayer and reflection
The Campus Kids program offers regularly scheduled and special activities for all ages of people. The purpose of Campus Kids is to connect students and families living on campus. We also extend all programming to students and families that live off campus. Campus Kids has the goal of attending to the special needs of children whose families are involved in theological education. We focus on the aspects of exploring God's people and creation though different activities, service projects, and outings. Through Campus Kids, the children are integrated into the life of the campus and the students get to know the children, creating connections that support and involve families on campus.
Each year, a special Student Leader Commissioning Service is held at Caldwell Chapel to recognize those who have committed themselves to student life and leadership.